Oh my giddy aunt...
In the past few days I've recevied four Liebster nominations from the following lovely ladies:
The beautiful Nikki from
The delightful Bren P. from
My wonderful Australian buddy, Tania, from
and awesome Texas teacher, Marcy, from Saddle up for Second Grade.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. Thanks to everyone who nominated me!
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
11 Things About Me:
1. My father is quite anti-education. He is a self made businessman and he thinks his kids should be the same!2. I fell off my bike when I was 7 and fractured my skull in three places. The doctors thought I would be permanently brain damaged.
3. The first time I saw friends watching 'The Walking Dead', I thought they were pathetic. Now it is the only TV show that the Mister and I download and watch weekly!
4. I do not currently own a television.
5. When I was 21 I decided that I needed to go and 'save the world' and spent 3 months in rural India with a Catholic priest.
6. I was brought up as a Lutheran, spent my teenage and early adulthood not quite knowing what to believe, and was baptised as a Latter Day Saint in 2010.
7. I won the Student of the Year Award for my state in Grade 11...
8. ...but I left school before finishing Grade 12.
9. I used to be a Banquet Sales Executive
10. I spent a LOT of money last night on the TpT sales.
11. I love salsa dancing!
My 11 Favourite Questions from Nicki, Bren P., Tania and Marcy
1. Do you have any siblings?Yes, one older brother. All my family live in the same little town back in Australia.
2. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead?
I badly want to be a Neuroscientist! Maybe after 15 years of teaching, I'll make the transition into Cognitive Neuroscience. I am particularly interested in the way the brain learns languages.
3. Where is the farthest place you have traveled?
Well, If you look at where Adelaide, South Australia, is on the globe (I was born about an hour from there), Mexico is about smack bang on the opposite site!
4. Night owl or early bird?
Definitely night owl. Midnight (and beyond) is the blogging hour :P
5. How many stamps in your passport?
A few! Let me count... England, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, India, Thailand, New Zealand, Mexico, Belize, USA, Costa Rica, Nicaragua. Not counting transit countries of course.
6. What is your all time favourite book?
So hard to choose! The one I have read over and over again is a series by an Australian author named John Marsden- Tomorrow, When the War Began. This is the only book that has actually made me cry. I also liked Shantaram because it reminded me of my time in India.
7. What is your favourite movie?
Again, hard to choose. I like the message in Life is Beautiful. But I like Slumdog Millionaire for the way it captures India.
8. What made you begin blogging?
Initially I stalked blogs. I didn't consider blogging myself as I didn't think I had anything to contribute. I still haven't commited myself to regular blogging, mainly because of my temperamental internet connection here in Mexico! I want to create a portfolio of my work, and share my ideas and collaborate with other teachers. I have learnt SO MUCH from blogging, and I hope I am able to give back to the community too.
9. Favourite food
I love a good Indian curry (no meat though.. bad memories from India!!) but I also love Mexican food like mole. I love chilli.
10. Who was your favourite teacher when you were a student?
I had Mr Taylor in Grade 3, 4, and again in Grade 6. I got my love of language from him.
11. If you could time travel to any place any time, where would you go?
Well I love history, but which do I love the most? Ooh, I think I would go back to when Cortes and his crew were massacring everyone in Mexico and try and save some of the books that were burnt.
Wow, that was hard!
The 11 Blogs I am Nominating:
OK, you'll have to forgive me... I have been searching through my blog list for at least half an hour and everybody has over 200 followers OR has already received the Liebster. I'm sorry! The three that I have chosen are all deserving though, so please go give them some love!
11 Questions for my Nominees
1. What was your favourite purchase from the TpT sale?
2. What did you want to be were you little?
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
4. Favourite quote
5. Favourite place in the world
6. Where will you be spending Christmas?
7. Dogs or cats?
8. If you had to rename yourself, what would you choose?
9. Favourite subject to teach
10. Favourite teaching memory
11. Why are you a blogger?